CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Evening at the Vineyard

Guest post ( : By John
Thanks to the Robertson family who were, first of all, so considerate to have had three births about the same time we have had in the last six years (compelling us to become fast friends with them) Susie and I were able to have a night to ourselves. In St. James there is a Vineyard which also includes a cafe called Bistro D'Vine. Their fare is rather lite but very tasty and moderately priced. On this particular Saturday night we were privileged with the performance of Greg Story who plays the guitar, mandolin, harmonica, and the Hammer Dulcimer. His music is said to defy description but I would say he reminds me of Bob Dylan. During the week he works as a professor of Physics at Missouri Science and Technology in Rolla. So, the audience was an eclectic crowd of University faculty friends, young students and young professionals. Not the normal crowd you see in most parts of South Central Missouri which was pleasing to a pair of aspiring cosmopolitans. Conversation with my beautiful date was, as always, stimulating. Thank you Lee and Ruth.

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Sounds wonderful! Brian and I will have to go there sometime. I didn't even know they had a cafe.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

John and Susie,
You guys need to move to New York City and become musical, dining, and theatrical critics. You could have your own magazine and another blog and a little tv spot...you'd make millions! BUT don't leave quite yet! I need to get home in the next few months so we can hang out and I can cash in my rain check for babysitting. (Just kidding!) But I do hope we can have another game night before you all leave! Hey, and if this isn't coincidence: the word for this word verification is: PRESS.