The kids enjoyed making valentines for Grandparents and Daddy, although Sophia was mostly content to observe the action. Daddy had to work from the wee hours of Saturday until noon, so we had lots of time to goof around with the paper, markers,and scissors. We'd also started them earlier in the week, but I quickly learned that finishing 1 or 2 cards a piece was a feat, and if we wanted to make more, I'd need to break it up ( ;
I decided to try my hand at making some cookie bouquets similar to the ones shown on Our Best Bites. Mine were not nearly as professional looking, but it was a fun ( and yummy project). I enjoyed giving some away, and eating the broken extras ( ;
John surprised me with a beautiful bouquet. It was a bit of a splurge, but I love them! They are still beautiful, and every time I look at them it makes me smile. The last time I received a dozen red roses was. . .well, a while ago ( : But, in his defense we've been broke graduate students, then a penny pinched enlisted family, and then we were totally focused on paying off debt. It was a lovely gift.I decided to try my hand at making some cookie bouquets similar to the ones shown on Our Best Bites. Mine were not nearly as professional looking, but it was a fun ( and yummy project). I enjoyed giving some away, and eating the broken extras ( ;




2 comments:
The cookies look great! Did you use your own cookie recipe or did the website have one? I'd love to know how you did those!
Your cookie bouquets were adorable! Thanks so much for thinking of us!
Post a Comment