Sunday, February 22, 2009
Lazy weekends!
I just wanted to share how much I love lazy weekends! With John's work schedule lately, and his teaching moonlighting, the weeks have been a little bit crazy. Most weekends aren't much better than the week, with church obligations, chores, work, etc. This weekend has been much nicer and I hope I can savor it until I get another similar one! John was supposed to work on Saturday, but there was a last minute schedule change, so he didn't have to. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast together, and he scrubbed the shower for me (something I can't bend to do anymore ( ; ) before he went in to finish up a work task, and prepare for his class on Tuesday. So, he was gone, but not for long ( : I enjoyed a movie with the kids, and got some chores done. The boys also helped me prepare some French bread and a yummy Lasagna recipe from Our Best Bites. After John got back he prepared to trek to the library with the children while I went to a baby shower for a friend. It was so much fun! That girl time and yummy food was badly needed. John and I even had the chance to enjoy a movie after the kids were in bed, which is always a pleasure. Today, we got home from church at a decent time, and were not as stressed as we sometimes are after church. Some Sundays are just crazy, with crabby kids, or weird comments in Sunday school, or insensitive people, a hyper class to teach, etc. This wasn't one of them ( : It was sooo pleasant to have time to put our feet up, play with the kids, make some good food, and not stress about anything in particular. Yeah for Lazy weekends! Now, onto our regularly scheduled busy existence. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment