Well, as anyone who has ever lived around here knows, Rolla is the most happening place in the immediate vicinity ( : Yesterday we just needed to get out, so when John got off work, we ate breakfast then drove into our favorite hangout. We went to the book and toy store there, a wonderful small business chock full of- you guessed it- books and toys. They carry a great selection of high quality and educational toys including Thomas, Lamaze. . .. and a whole bunch of other brands. They also sell homeschooling and teaching materials and a good selection of books and magazines. It is always fun to browse in their store, and they have a Thomas table that keeps the children happily occupied. By the time we left that store the kids were getting tired and hungry so we hit a pan-Asian restaurant, Kyoto, for Bento boxes. The chicken katsu, california rolls, and Korean galbi really hit the spot. I really miss Korean food sometimes, especially when I am pregnant, because I have such wonderful memories of awesome, cheap Korean food when I was living there expecting Theodore. After lunch I dropped John and the children off at the Lions Club park, and ran right next door to a little shopping center for some errands. The park in Rolla is literally one of the most wonderful parks for children I have seen anywhere. There are at least 10 different play areas scattered around a pond, with activities for any age. The equipment ranges in age (maturity maybe) from decades old, to almost new. There really is something for everyone there, along with a multitude of pavilions, picnic areas, and grassy play areas. Although it was a gloomy day, it was relatively warm, and the kids had a great deal of fun expending their last bits of energy. By the time we got home everybody was tuckered out. What a fun way to spend a Saturday! Enjoy the pictures of the boys playing. Sophia wasn't cooperative for picture because she was getting too tired.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Saturday Fun
Well, as anyone who has ever lived around here knows, Rolla is the most happening place in the immediate vicinity ( : Yesterday we just needed to get out, so when John got off work, we ate breakfast then drove into our favorite hangout. We went to the book and toy store there, a wonderful small business chock full of- you guessed it- books and toys. They carry a great selection of high quality and educational toys including Thomas, Lamaze. . .. and a whole bunch of other brands. They also sell homeschooling and teaching materials and a good selection of books and magazines. It is always fun to browse in their store, and they have a Thomas table that keeps the children happily occupied. By the time we left that store the kids were getting tired and hungry so we hit a pan-Asian restaurant, Kyoto, for Bento boxes. The chicken katsu, california rolls, and Korean galbi really hit the spot. I really miss Korean food sometimes, especially when I am pregnant, because I have such wonderful memories of awesome, cheap Korean food when I was living there expecting Theodore. After lunch I dropped John and the children off at the Lions Club park, and ran right next door to a little shopping center for some errands. The park in Rolla is literally one of the most wonderful parks for children I have seen anywhere. There are at least 10 different play areas scattered around a pond, with activities for any age. The equipment ranges in age (maturity maybe) from decades old, to almost new. There really is something for everyone there, along with a multitude of pavilions, picnic areas, and grassy play areas. Although it was a gloomy day, it was relatively warm, and the kids had a great deal of fun expending their last bits of energy. By the time we got home everybody was tuckered out. What a fun way to spend a Saturday! Enjoy the pictures of the boys playing. Sophia wasn't cooperative for picture because she was getting too tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a fun Saturday! And by the way, about bragging because of Theodore, like "they" say in Texas it's not bragging if it's the truth!!! :) So you get to brag ALL you want. :)
Everytime I read your blog I miss Missouri more and more. I really wish I was there rather then here. Although the ward is so very nice here, it's nice to be "home". I love reading your blog though! We miss you guys, too!
Post a Comment