CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Amazing Grace

Ok, I just tried to upload the pics from Grant's farms for like the 5th time, and once again, it didn't work! Aaurgh. Sorry. So, instead I will share the Amazing movie I just watched. John and I just finished Amazing Grace and it was incredible! It took about 4 sessions of watching it in order to finish it, so it is a bit long if you have little ones around, but it is a movie I think everybody would benefit from seeing.

It covers a fascinating era in British history and tells the story af a persevering and courageous man, William Wilberforce. It brought tears to my eyes. By the end of the movie I was thinking: What can I do to improve the world in like manner? What will my role be in making the world a better place. Right now I just get so wrapped up in me and my family sometimes, caring for the children, doing schoolwork, but this film reminded me that there is so much more out there. And hopefully I can share my passion with the children and together we can do our parts to improve the world, through measures big and small.

God's grace truly is amazing. By the way, isn't it so sad that hymn is not in our hymnal. The lyrics are just beautiful and when it is not all 'poppy' it is a touching piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that movie! Both Ben and I were just inspired and in tears! great Movie! I also love your blog background!

Karissa said...

Hey there... I hope things are going well for you! I hope you don't mind, but Grandma Nelson told me what your news was. (I haven't had a chance to talk to your mom.) I really need to get your phone # from your mom so I can call and talk to you sometime. Love you all!!!