CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday Fun

Sophia's party was lots of fun, I'm not sure what I was thinking, inviting 8 families over when I am supposed to be taking it easy, but it went off pretty well. We were so glad everybody came, each family has played an important part in helping us through this first year and we were glad to celebrate the accomplishment of everybody making it this far ( : I think she was a gorgeous birthday girl, but I am a little biased. Happy Birthday Sophia, you are a charming young lady!

Daddy helped Sophia open most of her presents. She wasn't terribly excited, but enjoyed the attention, and liked the gifts once they were unwrapped.
Mommy helped with 1 or 2 presents. Ooh, a baby doll.
Sophia playing with Brooklyn. Besides the cake, I think Sophia's favorite part of the party was having so many of her little friends running around the house.
I was sitting down with Daphne later that evening, and Sophia just had to use the rest of Mommy's lap and give Daphne a hug.
I couldn't get a decent picture of her with the zebra, she like it too much! She was constantly moving around with it, as were all of the children. It was a hit! Thanks to Grandma Great, Yia Yia and Grandma for contributing to it. It spins and bounces, lights up and makes music. I'll try to get a good picture of it soon.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey there! It looks like a GREAT party...what a great cake too!
I just wanted to let you know that I had the same "problems" or "situation" with this little guy in my belly. I was spotting my whole first trimester and it finally went away my second. My Docotr told me to take it easy and not stress, but how could I not?!
I just want to let you know that on my front this little one is totally healthy! In fact, this is the best (minus the beginning) pregnancy I have EVER had! So...hopefully...you will have the same to report soon!
Thinking about you and your little bean.

brittanyandtravis said...

Happy Birthday Sophia! i can't believe how fast the year has gone by. And you are right, she is a very pretty birthday girl!

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

I'm glad we could be at Sophia's birthday party. I still can't believe she's 1 already. This last year sure went by fast.