CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Update

Just a short update! Life here at the Kapeleris household is okay. This week I participated in an Army Family Team Building Instructor course every evening (M-Th). It was nice to get out of the house, and it really wasn't strenuous sitting around, just tiring staying up late. I completed the three levels of AFTB training back in 2005 and am proud of myself for finally getting involved in the program again. AFTB is a great program, teaching basic information about surviving in the army and imparting great leadership skills. It's kind of a professional development course for Military spouses. I hope to be able to teach modules for them on occasion- once I'm off restrictions, and may even stay involved after we leave the military, it is a great volunteer and networking opportunity.

I am feeling pretty well, I had an OB registration appointment- Boring. The nurse was really confused about my dates. Big Surprise ( : I still have an ultrasound set up for Sept. 3, and an appt. Sept. 8. I haven't spotted for 4 days now, which I have found encouraging. Also, although there are good days and bad days, I am still feeling pretty darned sick most of the time. I actually got sick yesterday, which is a pretty rare occurrence for me. The plus side of that is that it really is a good indicator of a thriving quartus, although I could survive just fine without it.


Sophia had her well child on Tuesday also, and was 20 pounds, 10 oz. That is a gain of 1 lb and 10 oz in approx. 3 days! What is up with that! One of the scales must have been off, or else that birthday cake really went straight to her little toddler tummy. She was also 30 1/2 inches tall, in the 90th percentile. That's my not so little girl!

Teddy shocked us the other night while we were watching the Olympics closing ceremonies. We were talking about having some other Olympics in 2 years, and he said "I will be 4 years old". John and I looked at each other and were like, Oh my goodness, did you just add in your head!? Crazy. Maybe he's smarter than we give him credit for.

Christopher has been saying some pretty funny things lately too. Daddy fed them a very casual, kind of progressive dinner last night, in between doing other things. Christopher asked when they were going to have dinner. John said "This is dinner". Christopher looked at John with a look of utter bewilderment at Dad's inability to grasp such a simple concept, and said, "No, Dinner is a whole lot of different things" complete with hand gestures. He also occasionally mixes up boring and bored which is always amusing.

That's it for now!

2 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

I'm glad you had a pretty good week! And you have some smart kids! it is so crazy how fast they develop at this age. I hope you get to feeling better!

Karissa said...

I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my prayers lately. Sorry I haven't talked to you forever... I hope things continue to go well for you and your family. Karlie would be so jealous if she knew your kids saw Elmo... She LOVES Elmo. She tries to turn on the T.V. in the morning and says "TV--ELMO" and has an Elmo doll and books that are her favorite toys. Any how... we miss you all... Take it easy!!(;