Just a quick update on the quartus (4th) front. I finally heard back from an OB this week, and of course, it was Dr. Fowers from our bishopric ( : Anyways, he thought I should just continue to lay low for a while. He did not sound as concerned as the Dr. on Friday last week, and I am glad. Modified bedrest was mentioned, which is kind of a joke when I am here without family nearby, and 3 littles to care for. But, I am trying to stay off of my feet as much as possible, and refrain from lifting, bending, etc. as much as I can. Dr. Fowers also mentioned though, that there is really no hard evidence that taking it easy, or bedrest, helps, and if anything bad happens, it is not my fault. While my head knows that, I'd have a hard time telling my heart. So, I am really attempting to let my body care for itself and quartus and concentrate on healing. I am still doing a lot of positive thinking and have an ultrasound on Sept. 3 that I am looking forward to. I also have an OB registration appt. this week, where I may ask a few questions. Every day that passes is one step closer to healing and heading out of this precarious first trimester in my opinion. He finally gave me the technical term for my condition, which I had already looked up ( : I have a sub chorionic hemmorhage. Luckily, it sounds worse than it probably is. Some women have them and never experience any bleeding, some have terrible bleeding episodes but are able to carry their baby to term, and I am somewhere in the middle. I just have this persistent light spotting. Most of the time, they resolve on their own, often before the second trimester, although they do place you at a higher risk for miscarriage and placental problems, preterm labor, etc. Please keep on sending sticky healthy vibes for this little baby bean and myself.
It has been hard to 'let go' of this situation. I hate being stuck close to home, unable to do all the things I want to do. I hate not knowing if everything will be ok, and I hate being so helpless in my own home. But, John and Rourke gave me a blessing on Sunday and I really think everything will be ok, it just may be bit of a ride to get to that point ( : And John has been super about stepping things up with child care, meal prep and cleaning things up! He is such an awesome partner in life. Well, I'll be back shortly with some picture laden posts.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad you get to see an OB and he knows whats going on!
Hoping everything will work out ok for you and the baby. It's not fun to worry about them, but that's what Mom's do.
Post a Comment