CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Tuesday!

I just wanted to say how wonderful it is to see democracy in action! I did not enjoy waiting in a long line at the poll this morning with three kiddos, but it could have been worse. I would wait in line for hours and hours for the privilege of voting. There are some interesting measures up here, besides the ever discussed presidential election (and I was tickled to finally get to cast that vote). There are state measures regarding renewable energy resources, loosening gambling laws and changing casino's rules in order to gain money for education, creating a state home health care board, english as the language of political activities, and some water treatment issue (can you tell I am really educated about that one ( ; ). There is also a gubernatorial race, secretary of state and a number of other local and state contests. All in all, I'm interested to see the results.

On other fronts, I am just trying to get motivated today, I feel icky, and I hate being pregnant and icky! The kids are DRIVING ME CRAZY today, but I think everybody is going to have some naptime and the world will be a better place. So, off I go for some stories, and if I am lucky, a few winks.

No comments: