CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Good and Bad news

Boy, if I am going to spend this much time blogging, I need to get high speed internet. ( : The internal battle in my head today has been saying: clean, blog, clean, blog- but you can see what won for the moment.

Some thoughts on the economy- Aye, Aye, Aye. I am sooo glad John and I are debt free now. I'm not sure what we'll be doing next summer, but there are a number of options open to us. While I am, admittedly, a little bit nervous, John and I are also both very excited for the upcoming changes. On the bad news front, I just found out two relatives have been told that they are not allowed to work overtime. Ouch. When you are accustomed to that extra little bit of pay, that hits where it hurts. That really brings a slumping economy closer to home.

Other bad news, my nephew, Joseph Nelson is still in the hospital, after nearly a week. He came up here for some Marine training a few weeks ago, and was admitted to the hospital last Thursday with Pneumonia. He has been very, very ill, and was life flighted to Columbia University Hospital on Sat. night/Sunday morning. It looks like he will pull through, but he is still in very critical condition and I know he and his family would appreciate any and all prayers sent their way. I really believe prayers can help people, and would appreciate the gesture.

As for good news, John is now officially Adjunct faculty at Columbia College! He will be teaching Modern History of China in January. I am so excited for him to have this opportunity!

Well, the children and house are falling apart, so I'd better go.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Congrats John on the new job!

The Metcalf Five said...

Way to go with the no debt! You are my hero. I am working on that myself. And congrats on John's new position. I am sure that that takes a load off of your mind.

brittanyandtravis said...

That is pretty excited about John teaching! And I hope your nephew gets better quickly!