CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sleep?

Sleep. What is that again?

Sophia is such a great sleeper. She is definitely our best sleeping child so far, and has been a real blessing. She lies down on her own to go to sleep and has since she was tiny. She still takes 1-2 naps a day, often for a total of 2- 3 1/2 hours. Then she's in bed by about 8 and sleeps all night.

However, when she's sick, like anybody else, everything goes to pot. For the past 4 days or so, just as I hit my, Oh my goodness, I am so exhausted, I need to go to sleep RIGHT NOW point, she has been waking up with her cough. The poor thing has been up until 11 or so lately, just not feeling well. Then all night last night I was waking up hearing her hack, and waiting for her to start screaming. So, even though she is a trooper and went back to sleep on her own each time, I don't think either one of us got much sleep. I can't wait for everyone to feel better. John is not up to par, I am not up to par, and Teddy is still not feeling well. Christopher is the lone healthy one right now, and Sophia is definitely the sickest, she was burning up when she woke up this morning, has goopy eyes, and has had a croupy cough for days.

So, my days have been rather dull and I don't foresee a big change in the immediate future. But, dull boring days with sickies make you appreciate the rest of the time more, right? At least that is what I will tell myself.

Good news- I got my Kindle Monday and it is sooo fun! I can't wait to actually buy books for it. And I've been able to get Chris' schoolwork done so far this week, and even get a lot of cleaning done. Today though, I have a feeling, will be not so productive. Oh well. Hope everyone else is healthy, and when I have brainpower back again I'll do some more posts ( :

2 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

I hope everyone gets feeling better quickly! It is the worst when everyone is sick, especially mom. Good luck today!

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

Wow, I hope we didn't make you guys sick. That's a real bummer when everyone is sick. I hope you all feel better soon.